Renaissance Academy Terms and Agreement
Hello, and welcome to our Terms and Agreement of Use. The purpose of this agreement is to facilitate a successful and productive educational environment for the Students, Parents and Teachers of Renaissance Academy so it is important that you take the time to read the document through. Sit back, enjoy a cup of tea and read on.
This Agreement is made between Renaissance Academy Online (“Renaissance Academy”), each individual student (“Student”), and the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of each Student (“Parent”). A teacher (“Teacher”) who will be an agent of Renaissance Academy will be assigned to teach each particular Course (“Course”). By registering for a Course, using the website, accessing the online classroom, or accessing any material that is made available through Renaissance Academy (“Content”) you are agreeing to the Terms of this document. You acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and Agreement (“Terms”), accept these Terms, and agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree with these Terms, or cannot comply with them, then you may not use the Renaissance Academy website, access any Course or consume any of its Content.
Statement of Faith
Teachers of Renaissance Academy believe the Bible is the inerrant Word of God. The Bible teaches:
- There is one true God who exists in three persons: the Father, Jesus Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit. He is the Creator of all things, the Author of our story.
- Deuteronomy 6:4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!”
- Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”
- Jesus Christ was born on earth, as God in human flesh. His death was the punishment we deserved for disobeying the God who gave us life. Because Jesus never disobeyed God, He did not deserve death and so after three days He arose from the grave in a glorified body. He then ascended to heaven.
- Romans 10:9-13 “…that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”
- Because Jesus took the punishment for our disobedience, we can live forever in a loving relationship with God, if we only believe in what Jesus did for us.
- John 6:29 “Jesus answered and said unto them, ‘This is the work of God, that you believe on him whom he has sent.’’”
- The fruit of our lives is evidence of our belief.
- Galatians 5:22-23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.”
While it is not necessary or assumed that all Students and Parents at Renaissance Academy agree with the above, the Bible is the standard for acceptable behavior among all. The following was spoken specifically to Israel, but the principles contained in the following verse serve as a behavioral standard that all Students, Parents, and Teachers will honor in all matters pertaining to Renaissance Academy:
- Micah 6:8
He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?
- The Student is agreeing to attend a particular online Course provided by Renaissance Academy. The Parent has selected the particular Course based on certain information, such as meeting time, class length, cost, etc. as described on the website.
- Payment Policy. The Parent and Student agree to pay a 10% deposit to hold their place in the Course. The Parent and Student agree to pay the cost of the Course in full before access to the Course will be given and before the first live class. After the third live class, if payment in full has not been received, the Parent and Student agree to waive their right to the Course. No refunds will be given, but full credit may be transferred to a sibling or close relative occupying the same reserved seat, or full credit may be used to pay for a new registration in another course during the same school year.
- Student Conduct. The Student and Parent understand that all Content, whether text, pictures, videos, music, etc.,whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that the Student, and not Renaissance Academy, is entirely responsible for all Content that the Student uploads, posts, e-mails, transmits or otherwise makes available for the Course. While Renaissance Academy makes reasonable efforts not to allow offensive, indecent or objectionable material in the Course, by attending the Course, the Student may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Renaissance Academy be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, e-mailed, transmitted or otherwise made available for the Course.
- Artwork Release. Artwork created and submitted in the Course may be used by Renaissance Academy in promotional and educational materials.
- Technology Requirements. Student agrees to have operable technology necessary for the Course including webcam, microphone, and internet access. It is the Student’s responsibility to ensure that all technology is working efficiently to participate in the Course.
- Warranties. Renaissance Academy makes no warranty that the course will a) meet Parents’ or Students’ requirements, standards and/or expectations b) be uninterrupted, timely, or error-free.
- No Construction Against Drafter. If an ambiguity or question of intent arises with respect to any provision of this Agreement, the Agreement will be construed as if drafted jointly by the parties and no presumption or burden of proof will arise favoring or disfavoring either party by virtue of authorship of any of the provisions of this Agreement.
- Force Majeur. Either party shall be excused from performance and shall not be liable for any delay in whole or in part, caused by the occurrence of any contingency beyond the reasonable control either of the excused party or its subcontractors or suppliers including, but not limited to, war, sabotage, insurrection, riot or other act of civil disobedience, act of public enemy, failure or delay in transportation, act of any government or any agency or subdivision thereof affecting the terms hereof, accident, fire, explosion, flood, severe weather, or shortage of labor or fuel or raw materials.
- No Sale or Use. The Student agrees not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any purposes other than personal use pertaining to the Course, any portion of the material made available for the Course.
- Arbitration. Any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to your use of our website, your registration in any classes, your use of our product(s), or any act or omission for which you may contend that we are liable, including but not limited to any claim or controversy as to arbitrability (dispute), shall be finally and exclusively settled by binding arbitration. Judgment upon any award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any state or federal court having jurisdiction in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award damages in connection with any dispute in excess of the actual compensatory damages and shall not multiply actual damages or award consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, and each party irrevocably waives any claim thereto. Neither you nor we shall be entitled to join or consolidate claims in arbitration by or against other consumers or arbitrate any claim as a representative or member of a class or in a private attorney general capacity. You voluntarily and knowingly waive any right they have to a jury trial. These terms provide that all disputes between you and us will be resolved by binding arbitration. You thus give up your rights to go to court to assert or defend your rights. You also give up your rights to participate in or bring class actions. Your rights will be determined by neutral arbitrator(s), not a judge or jury.